SITE: Watsonville, California
BUSINESS HOURS: 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Monday to Friday, with the possibility of working some Saturdays, if necessary.
COMPENSATION: $68,000 for this full-time exempt position, plus a full benefits package and paid time off.
COMPANY PROFILE: Located on the beautiful California coast, Santa Cruz Community Credit Union (SCCCU) is a certified community development and low-income credit union, serving Santa Cruz County and parts of Monterey County. Its mission focuses on economic justice and ensuring that all people, organizations and businesses have access to the financial services and related tools they need.
Reporting to the Vice President of Communications, the Community Outreach Representative will play a critical role in building a financial highway in the communities served by SCCCU by providing financial literacy, teaching healthy saving/borrowing habits , keeping people away from predatory lenders and check cashers and helping people achieve personally sustainable financial status, specific to individual needs. As a Juntos Avanzamos Community Development Financial Institution and Certified Low-Income Credit Union, our mission is to serve the underserved and unbanked.
The ideal candidate will coordinate initiatives designated to support the SCCCU and its services to the Watsonville and Pajaro communities, in particular, but the entire SCCCU membership scope. The incumbent will administer organizational programs aimed at meeting the needs of the surrounding region, strengthening SCCCU’s brand through our membership area and use of safe loan savings products, being part of of several working groups representing SCCCU within key communities, to develop relationships with community leaders and serve as SCCCU’s liaison with various constituents in Watsonville and Pajaro to fulfill our mission.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the development and implementation of a community outreach program focused on underserved Spanish speakers and Native Americans, to access financial services, navigate the financial system, and learn how to build personal wealth.
- Act as a key SCCCU representative at community events; maintain relationships with key community representatives from educational and community organizations, non-profit groups, businesses, city and county government agencies.
- Increase SCCCU brand visibility, membership and opportunities to further expand outreach initiatives.
- Engage in community advocacy efforts for diversity, equity and inclusion to effect positive change.
- Be a member of the communications and marketing team and provide feedback/suggestions for marketing objectives.
- Document and track related data and analysis required for reporting purposes; produce monthly board and team reports/
- Act as liaison for grant, sponsorship and event participation opportunities.
- Create internal systems, processes and procedures; research and recommend additional resources, products and enhancements to continually improve outreach initiatives; create and deliver presentations.
- Train and supervise staff in relation to the services and products involved in the awareness effort.
- Actively participate in department and staff training, meetings/activities.
- Other assigned tasks.
- 2-5 years of experience in a related role, or in marketing or business development.
- College diploma in communications, marketing or related discipline preferred.
- Bilingual English/Spanish required.
- Exemplary oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional time management, organizational, attention to detail, multitasking and public speaking abilities.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of products, particularly Word and Excel.
- Experience in financial services desirable.
- Valid CA driver’s license and access to a car for travel around the county.
HOW TO REGISTER:
If you are interested, please submit an online application here.